top of page

Camelot Village Property Owners Association

Annual Board Meeting

2021.06.26

10:00am - 11:20am

Online

Called to Order:

Kristy Payne (President)

Board members present:

Kristy Payne (President), Marchell Williams (Vice-President), Brandi McNeill (Treasurer), Stacey Escamilla (Member at Large)

Residents present:

To be added at a later time.

Roll Call and Introductions:

Yes

Agenda:

Yes

Treasurer’s Report:

Annual Fees we must budget for $60,683
•Management Fees $19,200
•Audit/Tax Returns $275
•Insurance $1,300
•Legal and Collections $1,455.00
•Grounds Maintenance $18,000
•BMP for Stormwater/Repairs $600
•Stormwater Maintenance $4,000
•Pet Stations $3,500
•Swale Maintenance/Repairs $2,000
•Level Spreader Maintenance/Repairs $1,600
•SCM Annual Inspections $675
•Community Website $230
•Social Events $3,000
•Record Storage $48
•Account Maintenance $260
•Materials and Office Supplies (paper, envelopes, postage, and address labels) $4,000
•Architectural Review Form Processing $540

Reports from Committees:

  • Social Events Committee

Annual Community Yard Sale:
Date: TBD
Time: TBD

National Night Out:
Date: August 3rd
Time: 6pm-8pm
Volunteers Needed

  • Architectural Review Committee:

In the past 17 months, the Architectural Review Committee has processed over 60 Architectural Review Forms for homeowners.

  • Landscape and Maintenance Committee:

n/a

Old Business:

•Planned a successful Halloween Event in the middle of a pandemic with the help of our social events committee.
•In the past 17 months, the Architectural Review Committee has processed over 60 Architectural Review Forms for homeowners.
•In the past 10 months, the Board of Directors has helped homeowners with over 200 concerns and complaints.
•Obtaining approval to remove the Townhouse Dumpster Corral after many complaints.
•Obtaining City of Raleigh Waste approval for individual rolling carts for townhome owners that live on Lord Joseph Ct. & Princess Lita Way.
•Organizing a volunteer event to distribute individual rolling carts to those townhome owners.
•After many complaints and concerns for safety, approval from the City of Raleigh to install No Parking Signs in illegal parking areas On Lord Mario Ct, Lady Rita Way, and Sir Julian Ct.
•Increase in our community savings, to prepare for community improvements in the near future.
•Hired a new lawn maintenance company to service HOA land and Townhome properties.
•Installed new Dog Waste Stations in several locations.

New Business:

Voting of Vice-President Role
Marchell Williams - 25 votes
Voting of Secretary Role
Machela Calloway - 20 votes
Voting of Townhouse Committee
Gary Freeman - 14 votes
Vinniece Freeman - 14 votes
Prisilla Lawrence - 14 votes

Agenda Item Added by Homeowner
Request from homeowner to please have the HOA board submit a request to NC Department of Transportation to remove the no parking sign located 90 feet from the stop sign at the intersection of Camelot Village and Sir Michel Dr.
DENIED

Agenda Item Added by Homeowner
Homeowner, Gary Freeman, would love to sponsor a community mailbox to be able to set up for the neighborhood.
A well-constructed box that would make books available for small children and other youth. Books for Adults could be made available as well, but the community bookshelf would be managed by his
nonprofit that way it could be well kept and managed weekly.
APPROVED

Agenda Item Added by Homeowner
The idea of adding picnic tables was discussed by several homeowners and was brought to the Board of Directors for approval.
Location:
Where the old Dumpster area was, where Lord Joseph Ct. and Lady Yvone Way meet.
APPROVED

Guest Speaker:

none

Open Forum:

Josephine - Dog waste in yards. Add entrance sign flowers.
Board - Take pictures of homeowners not picking up dog waste and report. Need a way to water the flowers so they do not die. Currently looking into flowers that do not require lots of water.
Linda - Community Site/Old Dumpster area by townhomes. Concerns: Children's safety, trash can at site, who will empty before events, and noise level. If we pay our dues via mail, how will that process work with the new management company.
Board - Trash can will be emptied twice a week. Once by Doody Calls and once by Landscaping Company. Residents are welcome to empty the trash can if it becomes full, it is a community site and we can all help maintain it together as a community. Signs can be installed about time frames area can be used. Board will find out more information on paying dues and post it on the website as soon as the information is available.
Tiffany - Trashcans being pulled away from the street but not put away immediately, why do we receive violation letters?
Board - With the new townhomes receiving their own individual rolling carts from the City of Raleigh waste, we are now on their radar for checking to make sure we are putting our carts away promptly. The City of Raleigh Waste can issue fines if they catch it not put away. Violations are helping to make you aware and keep you from getting fines from the City of Raleigh Waste.
Megan - Encouraged homeowners to be helpful and friendly to one another.
Jen - Speeding cars on Pearl Road.
Board - We cannot get the speed limit dropped on Pearl Road. We will look and see if we can it patrolled more often.
Krin - Bus Stop signs requested at Sir Michel/Pearl Rd. and Princess Anna Marie/Pearl Rd.
Board - The board will look into this and see if it's something that can be done.
Colleen - Parking on Princess Curry Way. No light on Lord Joseph Ct. by the mailboxes. Hill on the back of Lord Joseph Ct. needs maintained.
Board - Requested residents to submit pictures to info@camelotmalory.com. Board will forward pictures to City of Raleigh Transportation contact and the City will install No Parking Signs. It is already illegal to park on this street because there is no legal parking spaces between driveways. Board will contact Duke Energy about having a light added by the mailbox area. Dan Ryan has promised to mow the hill. If they don't soon, we will have to pay our landscaper to mow it for us.
Tanya - Princess Curry Way at dead end needs light.
Board - Will contact Duke Energy about having a light added.
Resident - Malory Square Entrance Sign?
Malory Square is not an official name for the neighborhood. Still trying to find out from the City of Raleigh if it would even be allowed.

After the meeting - Board members stayed for 20 minutes to answer questions for homeowners that did not get a chance to ask questions or share concerns during the meeting due to time restraints.

Next Board Meeting:

TBD

Meeting adjourned by:

Kristy Payne (President)

Meeting Minutes Hereby accepted by the Board of Directors of the Camelot Village Property Owners Association on:

June 27, 2021

Meeting Minutes Approved By:

Kristy Payne (President)

bottom of page